Wednesday, June 10, 2009

2W2G!

. . . aka 2 Weeks 2 Go!

Where is the time going? I know I've been busy lately, mostly having fun so I guess it's been flying :) I've been heading off to work slowly lately, haven't been into it much. I'm still doing a good job but I haven't been feeling too happy about going! I'm betting it's a combination of the heat (which produces laziness), my impending departure and the general feeling of summertime which is coming upon us.

Chef B returns from his NY travels in one week and I have done 0 work on the new dessert menu. This is partly due to the fact that I again got switched to nights. I have less time to experiment and I haven't even been working the pastry station that much. Plus I kind of need Chef B around to bug me, give me ideas and feedback, and I definitely don't want to feel used. And I am so lazy right now! I am really dropping the ball, but I don't feel like there is much I CAN do about it since I am leaving so soon.

The most important task on my mind lately has been to finish my modules. These are the weekly assignments given to us by the school to complete during the externship. Does anyone actually finish these weekly? On time? I'm not sure. I was ahead, then I got behind, and now I have bits and pieces to do. It's a matter of sitting down and doing it. Parts of it are dreadfully complicated and stupid. The purpose is to help you get the most out of your learning experience there and make you aware of what's around you. I get it, but I still don't want to do it! Thankfully the last two assignments are very easy (a thank you letter to the employer and a letter from the employer that says I did 18 weeks and 600 hours of work blah blah blah). I really need to start/finish the assignments from the past 5-6 weeks. Those have been bugging me.

The whole packet isn't due until I go back to school, but I need to have it finished by the time I leave here because each weekly assignment needs to be signed by the manager. Geez! Ideally, I'd like to have it done by next Thursday so I can just hand it over, get it signed, and cruise out of my last week. That'd be nice! We'll see :)

I took two roadtrips in the past couple of weeks and I'd like to blog about those soon and share some pictures. I'm absolutely convinced that America is beautiful and it's the land I love!

More to come.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...