Saturday, April 17, 2010

Snapshots

Has it really been that long since my last post?

Well, I still have a few snapshots to share from my Roadtrip USA with my mom. We made it home safely, with no major mishaps or breakdowns, and we didn't kill each other (haha!). We made some great memories together after 8 days on the road! And we got her home in time to celebrate 30 years of marriage with my dad, yay!

Here we go:
Testing out the claim that "White Castle is the best" - NOT! My tastebuds have ruled that In-N-Out still takes 1st place.

One of my favorite things about visiting new places is the chance to try local foods/drinks. Here in Galena, IL, my mom and I stopped in at a restaurant that attempted to serve only local things. We both gave the Galena Beer a try - tasty!
Our super cute B&B in Galena, IL. Loved it! The hosts were nice with a good mix of not being too overbearing, but not too cold. It had a lot of character and we got great sleep!
No trip to the midwest is complete with a stop at Cracker Barrel. Omaha, Nebraska.
Boredom in Kansas. I'd picked up some Bubble Tape and went to work.
What is in central Kansas, you ask? Not much.
Well, this deserted little town holds the worlds largest ball o' sisal twine. It smelled funny.
After staying in Dodge City, KS, we quickly left (it seemed sketchy) and headed west!
Colorado brought more snow and I had to navigate my way safely through two mountain passes which weren't exactly clear of snow. Then we came upon this lovely flock of sheep. Nice!
A few more rounds through the mountain passes (so beautiful!)...
And we made it safely to our B&B - a comfy warm lodge where we each had our own rooms and fireplaces! I loved this - so warm!
Pagosa Springs, CO. WHAT A VIEW!
We had a short stay in Flagstaff, AZ and then continued on west for the last leg of our trip. This sign never looked so good!
And this landmark truly welcomed us home! :)

1 comment:

Patti MacLeith said...

Perfect SUM-UP of our wonderful trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...